Macomb County Disorderly Conduct Lawyer
Get The Defense You Need For Disorderly Conduct
In Michigan the offense of disorderly conduct covers various conduct which is deemed to frustrate public tranquility and peace. Most disorderly conduct crimes involve public intoxication (drunken disorderly) or creating a disturbance as stated in the Michigan legistation statute. 750.167
The following conduct is illegal in the state of Michigan:
- A person of sufficient ability who refuses or neglects to support his or her family.
- A common prostitute.
- Making unreasonable noise
- A window peeper.
- A person who engages in an illegal occupation or business.
- A person who is intoxicated in a public place and who is either endangering directly the safety of another person or of property or is acting in a manner that causes a public disturbance.
- A person who is engaged in indecent or obscene conduct in a public place.
- A vagrant.
- A person found begging in a public place.
- A person who knowingly loiters in or about a place where an illegal occupation or business is being conducted.
- A person who loiters in or about a police station, police headquarters building, county jail, hospital, court building, or other public building or place for the purpose of soliciting employment of legal services or the services of sureties upon criminal recognizances.
Should a person violate any of these areas of the law, they could be charged with a class 1 misdemeanor, or a class 6 felony if the offense involved a deadly weapon or dangerous object.
Contact a Macomb County Disorderly Conduct Defense Attorney at The Law Offices of Michael L. Steinberg.
If you are facing disorderly conduct, or a related charge, you want the best representation in finding the underlying cause of the allegations by examining all of the evidence, interviewing all witnesses, and challenging every aspect of the state’s case.
Most disorderly conduct cases do not go to trial but in some cases there is no other alternative but to have a bench or jury trial. Macomb County disorderly conduct defense attorney, Michael L. Steinberg is known for having a representation for being aggressive, passionate and a resourceful trial lawyer.